Wednesday, January 30, 2008

March for Life Founder Well and Thankful for Prayers and Concern

We are happy to report:

WASHINGTON, January 30, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A March for Life Board of Directors release thanked March for Life participants for their concern and prayers for foundress Nellie Gray after her fall on the March for Life stage on January 22, 2008.

Nellie described the incident like this: "I tripped over a piece of the sound equipment, which pulled my footing out so forcefully that I felt as if I were airborne. There was nothing for me to grab hold of and nothing to break my fall. My glasses fell off. The full weight of my body was thrown head-first atop my glasses, which shattered and cut my forehead seriously. I did not lose consciousness, my vision is still fine, and the broken glass did not get into my eyes.

"The emergency medical team closed the wound with eleven stitches and reported that there appears to be no broken or fractured bones. The stitches will be removed in a few days. Even though I shall have a bruised head and cheek for awhile, I am feeling fine."

"Nellie is back at her desk," concluded the report.