Monday, June 10, 2013

How to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes: 11 Steps

How to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes: 11 Steps | Deaconjohn1987's Blog

As you know I have Type 2 Diabetes and struggle to keep my blood sugar at an acceptable level. So when I see an article about avoiding or controlling diabetes, I want to share it with others like myself. I take my meds regularly and try to avoid sweets but you know that there is plenty of sugar in most foods bought today. So some days my sugar is high, like 220 and other days, like today, it is 129.  I’m sure it has something to do with what I consume at dinner time because I always take my sugar count in the morning after a nights sleep and before I eat anything. My biggest problem these days is my overweight and my feet and toes, which are always in pain. Of course, St. Pio said that if we knew the value of pain we would never give it up! Whoa! So I offer it all up!!! :-)
Here’s the article:
In the past 30 years, the prevalence of Diabetes Type 2 has skyrocketed to such an extent that it is now viewed as an epidemic in the western world. From being a once fairly mild and rare ailment of the elderly to becoming a chronic disease, diabetes mellitus affects people of every age, race, and background, and is now a major modern cause of premature death in many countries around the world, with someone dying from Diabetes Type 2 every 10 seconds worldwide.
As the leading cause of kidney failure, lower-limb amputation, and blindness in developed countries, as well as increasing the likelihood of death from heart disease, diabetes mellitus is a modern-day scourge. Its gradual injurious effects destroy quality of life well before causing early death. And of terrible concern is that most cases of Diabetes Type 2 were preventable or curable, while Type 1 Diabetes “is incurable”, generally a hereditary disease, or due to a diseased pancreas.
This article focuses on the ways in which you can seek to avoid Type 2 Diabetes, with close attention to changing risky behaviors (obesity, smoking, binging, sugary and fatty diet, ignoring the many symptoms half-expecting them to just go away,…).
Read more here: http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Type-2-Diabetes