Thursday, April 11, 2019

40 Days For Life: DAY 37: Drove from theater to vigil

image

image

Unplanned is bringing unprecedented numbers of new volunteers to pray in front of their local abortion businesses.
A group of moviegoers who saw the film's 9:30 showing in Green Bay, Wisconsin went right to the vigil--arriving at 12:30 a.m.!
image
Meanwhile, since the film's release, a daily stream of pilgrims has visited the 40 Days for Life headquarters building in Bryan/College Station, Texas--the now-closed abortion facility managed by Abby Johnson. This past weekend, a couple of local college students left dozens of roses at the front door with a note reading:
"Just saw the movie Unplanned and wanted to leave these roses for all the babies' lives lost. They are all loved and remembered. -Lexi and Lauren"
On this week's episode of The 40 Days for Life Podcast, we discuss the tangible impact Unplanned has made, Planned Parenthood's bizarre response, and how the film's success has forced the mainstream media to take notice.
Click here to listen:
image
image
image

Movie Response

Without exception, 40 Days for Life leaders are reporting a flood of both conversions and new volunteers hitting the sidewalks since the release of Unplanned. Read and rejoice in just a few of those reports:
  • "I prayed in front of Planned Parenthood on Friday after seeing the movie on Thursday. There were two young ladies that I know of who turned around and changed their minds." --Riverside, California
  • "I saw your movie last night with a friend of mine who is pregnant. The father is trying to get her to abort, but I’m helping her stand her ground. We loved the movie, and, after watching it, she even canceled her ultrasound today at Planned Parenthood in fear that they would try to talk her into abortion." --Location unknown
  • "One young lady with a big smile on her face asked if we were with the same group as the one in Unplanned. Upon learning that we were, she was very eager to learn how she herself could volunteer as well as get her church involved." --Bellevue, Washington
  • "A new volunteer joined us on the sidewalk immediately after seeing Unplanned. In fact, she was still eating her popcorn while driving home from the theater." --El Paso, Texas
  • "A couple who saw Unplanned yesterday said they decided from today on they will be at our location to pray EVERY DAY!!" --Phoenix, Arizona
  • "I just saw the movie Unplanned. I want to be an active participant and not a bystander. I have thought about volunteering in the past and never followed through. Sign me up for a Saturday morning." --Marietta, Georgia
  • "I saw Unplanned with my sister on Saturday. To be honest with you, I was pro-choice...I have totally switched. I am pro-life! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" --Northern California
  • "There has been a flood of signups and inquiries as to how to take that first bold stand..." --Charlotte, North Carolina
  • "I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN BE INVOLVED IN STARTING 40 DAYS FOR LIFE..." --Bellingham, Washington
image
I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
— Romans 12:1
God Almighty, You alone are worthy of our praise and worship. Having accepted Your Son’s sacrifice on my behalf, I in turn present my body to you as a living sacrifice. I pray that you would use me as your vessel to rescue others who are perishing.
See today's full devotional
For life,
image
Shawn Carney
President/CEO, 40 Days for Life
image
Facebook Twitter YouTube Pinterest Instagram

40 Days for Life 4112 E 29th St. Bryan, Texas 77802 United States (888) LIFE-316