Tuesday, July 3, 2007

ARE YOU A PERSON GOD USES!



In God's order there is work for everyone to do. He doesn't call many to be a Pope John Paul II or a Mother Teresa but He does call all of us to be faithful in using the gifts and abilities He has given to us. In case we don't feel worthy to be of much use to God, it can help to look at the frailties of many of God's servants in the Bible.

Somebody has pointed out that "Moses stuttered. David's armor didn't fit. John Mark was rejected by Paul. Hosea's wife was a prostitute. Amos's only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning. Jacob was a liar. David had an affair. Solomon was too rich. Abraham was too old. David was too young. Timothy had ulcers. Peter was afraid of death. Lazarus was dead. John was self-righteous. Jesus was too poor. Naomi was a widow. Paul was a murderer. So was Moses. Jonah ran from God. Miriam was a gossip. Gideon and Thomas doubted. Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal. Elijah was burned out. John the Baptist was a loudmouth. Martha was a worry-wart. Samson had long hair. Noah got drunk. Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse? So did Peter as did Paul."

Where do you see yourself in this? I know myself and my weaknesses: I don't stutter, but have a New York slang. I've been rejected and abandoned. I never went to college. I'm very old (70). I'm also poor and retired, living on S.S. I get depressed too. I have a big mouth. I'm opposite of a worry-wart, I don't worry about anything. I used to have a very short fuse . . . but see, God is using me for this Blog and hopefully helping the Pro-life cause.

Yes, we all have areas of weakness and have experienced failure at some level, but God will still use every one who makes him or herself available to God. So let's be sure we are serving God by faithfully using the gifts and talents He has given to each of us. It's a great privilege and a great opportunity--plus it has eternal rewards.

God wants to use YOU, just the way you are, for the on-going battle against the anti-life forces, who are trying to destroy God's greatest creation, the human person and the human soul.
"There is no neutral ground in the universe; every square inch, every split second, is claimed by God and counterclaimed by Satan" That's true. Every human being who has ever walked on the face of this earth has been claimed by God and counterclaimed by Satan. So, the battle goes on constantly.
[Dr. Woodrow Kroll]
(Adapted from 'Christian Action News' July 2007 Issue)