Friday, August 13, 2010

News from the Trenches: Pro-Life Reports from Sacramento and San Diego

"Her daughter had to go to a hospital emergency room because of this abortionist"



(The first item below is republished with permission from "Blessings from the Sidewalk," Helpers of God's Precious Infants, Sacramento.) 

Aug. 4, 2010, Planned Parenthood, 29th & B, Sacramento 

Today I felt prompted to come to the sidewalk even though I really had wanted to go shopping. I kept getting the prompting throughout Holy Mass and after spiritual arm wrestling with God. I decided I better be obedient. 

The harvest was fruitful and I was able to speak to numerous women and single men. Thank God no one I spoke to was actually here for an abortion. The prevailing moral issue was couples living together out of wedlock. I instructed the individuals on the Catholic teaching and encouraged them to receive the blessing of the sacrament of matrimony. I distributed holy rosaries to them, prayed with them, and asked God to bless them with purity and moral courage. 

At noon, I packed up and called it a day. As I approached my car, I saw a twenty-something-year-old male approaching me. He asked, "Can you please help me, I am stranded with these two kids and my car broke down on the freeway? I need a cell phone," he pleaded. I suddenly realized my cell phone was at home, so I offered to go get it and return. I tried flagging down a police officer but was not successful. 

A while later I returned with cell phone, milk and a snack for the little ones. Dad was unable to contact his relatives, so he decided to retrieve the car seats from the stranded car, while I babysat the two little ones. Instantaneously, the little ones are now in my hands and little Tito begins screaming at the top of his lungs! Toddler Tito consistently tries to run off into the street while little Mimi sits waiting patiently. Daddy places the new holy rosaries around their necks before heading off.

After what seemed like an eternity, Daddy returns and with the little ones now safely strapped in their car seats, we head off to South Sacramento. 

During our return, Daddy Winston begins confiding he is a former Catholic and living in sin with his girlfriend. I begin encouraging him to go to confession and seek the counsel of a priest. I also begin instructing him to get the Mimi baptized since he hadn't done this yet. I prayed on the way home for him and his family and he joined in with me at the end. making the sign of the cross and saying, "Amen." 

Aug. 7, 2010, Family Planning Associates, Miramar Road, San Diego 

We started with six prayer warriors and two sidewalk counselors, and by the end of two hours, we had 19 prayer warriors praying and singing hymns. The two sidewalk counselors decided to stay at separate driveways for the two hours they would be counseling. 

At the driveway where Anne stationed herself, she was able to speak with six people who were headed toward the abortuary. One man who was accompanying an abortion-intent woman was very hostile, swearing and using profanity toward the counselor as she tried to speak with the couple. A young man became concerned when Anne informed him about the abortionists malpractice history. He texted his girlfriend who was inside the mill, but she did not respond. 

Anne's daughter, who was praying, noticed two young girls who entered the mill come back out only a few minutes later. 

Luis, who was stationed at another driveway, spoke with seven people, including two that had dropped off abortion-intent women. One of the people the counselor spoke with was a woman in her 60s accompanying a woman in her early 20s. The woman in her 20s may have been abortion-intent because she was wearing sweats and sporting sunglasses, even though it was a cloudy morning. The older woman was a Spanish speaker. As soon as Luis started speaking about the abortionist's suspensions and malpractice record, she said they were definitely not going there, and drove out of the parking lot. 

The last person that Luis spoke to was an African-American woman who was going furniture shopping. But when Luis gave her the malpractice record of the abortionist, she became agitated and stated that her daughter had to go to a hospital emergency room just a few days ago because of this abortionist. She related how her daughter had gotten an RU-486 pill abortion at this abortuary. Her daughter had gone for a couple of follow up visits where they did not warn her of any impending problems. The evening after her second follow up visit, she had to be rushed to the hospital with severe bleeding, and is currently in an anemic state being treated by a doctor. The woman related details of the procedure and care she received at the abortion mill that may be negligent. Luis gave her contact information for the California Medical Board and legal assistance.


From http://www.calcatholic.com/