Monday, January 27, 2014

Heroic News: “Feminist blogger rails against marriage, motherhood” plus 6 more

heroicnews



"Every time I hear someone say that feminism is about validating every choice a woman makes I have to fight back vomit. Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works and takes care of herself?"
A hospital in Texas has decided not to fight a judge’s orders to remove a pregnant brain dead woman from life support, removing the woman from the ventilator on Sunday and thus ending her nearly 23-week-old baby’s life.
Somewhere between my first and second unplanned pregnancy, I became pro-life. I used to believe the mantra of "my body, my choice," but something changed in my heart.
"I can't believe I'm making a difference," Karen Bowersox says, "all with a pair of jeans."
I don’t think it describes everyone who accepts abortion, even those who accept it enthusiastically. People and their motives are more complicated than that. But I don’t know how else to describe people like this.
At the Grammy Awards on Sunday night, pop’s megastars will compete for the music industry’s most prestigious trophy, and put on flashy performances that are sure to ricochet through social media.

A brain-dead pregnant woman who was on life support for two months against the wishes of her husband family has been removed from life support. Marlise Muñoz, 33, was believed to be about 22 weeks pregnant.