Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Because of Your Help, I Can Help Myself

Map of Haiti
Map of Haiti (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
If you had met Dieunette last September, you would have found her struggling to find ways to feed her family. She, like many women in this part of Cote-de-Fer Haiti, didn’t have the opportunity to finish school and that made life a daily challenge. But thensomething happened that changed her life.
My name is Dieunette, I’m 34 and I have 3 children. We live in Côte-de-Fer, Haiti.
Life has always been challenging, but last year I joined a savings group through CMMB and things are getting better. This program teaches women how to save money and run a business.
I got a loan of 2,000 gourdes ($32 US) to be repaid in 4 months at 550 gourdes ($7 US) a month. This is a great opportunity that CMMB offers me as a mom to be more financially independent and be able to take care of my family. I used the money to start my business selling bread. And now I am saving money, something that wasn’t possible before.
I am doing things I never dreamed I could do – saving money, and providing regular food in the house.  In the future, I would like to increase my credit to expand my bakery. There is nothing better than being able to take care of myself and my family. I thank you for helping make this possible.
I hope that CMMB will continue the savings group program. It works really well. I hope more women in my community will be able to take part.
From me and all my family – thanks for all that you do to help us make our lives better.
Mèsi,
Dieunette
Help to ensure women like Dieunette receive microloans that lead to MACRO change.
Help Women to be Financially Independent
Our mailing address is:
CMMB
100 Wall Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10005