Sunday, September 8, 2013

CMMB: Your Weekly Reflection in Prayer 9/8/2013



Weekly prayer reflection for Summer
 
“Who can know God’s counsel, or who can conceive what the Lord intends? For the deliberations of mortals are timid and unsure are our plans.”
Book of Wisdom 9:13-14 
September 8, 2013
23rd Sunday of the Year
Dear Friends,
We proceed in faith, surrounded by mystery, living in an incredibly vast and beautiful universe. Even as the academic year begins, scholars must admit that in spite of all that we know, all of the research, in fact, because of the research, we are growing in ignorance more than we are growing in knowledge. Indeed, the more we know, the more we realize we don’t know!
As the Scripture today reminds us, it is the same in our understanding of God and His ways. God is a mystery and will always remain a mystery, even if we are blessed with eternal life in His heavenly kingdom. What is the solution to this seeming dilemma? Saints and scholars remind us that the best we can do, indeed, the only thing we can do, is entrust ourselves to the mystery and love of God. As one writer puts it, “Christianity is not a formula which makes everything clear, but the radical submission of myself to an incomprehensible Mystery Who has revealed Himself as ineffable love.”
English: Picture of Charles de Foucauld França...
English: Picture of Charles de Foucauld Français : photo de Charles de Foucauld (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

My God, I abandon myself to You. Do with me as You will. I am prepared for anything. I a
ccept everything provided, Your will is fulfilled in me and in all creatures. I ask for nothing more, my God. I place my soul in Your hands. I give it to You, with all the love of my heart, because I love You. And for me, this gift of myself, this placing of myself in Your hands without reserve, in boundless confidence, is a necessity of love, because You are my Father.
Amen
-Charles de Foucauld

Rev. Peter Schineller, S.J., CMMB Board of Directors
Donate to the Weekly Prayer Reflection
100 Years Seal Alone

Enhanced by Zemanta