Tuesday, April 8, 2014

From SFLA: I'm pregnant!






April 8, 2014

2014 Wilberforce Leadership

Are you a leader or officer in your campus pro-life group? Do you aspire to work in the pro-life movement full-time? Do you want to be mentored by a national pro-life leader?
During the 2014-2015 school year, Wilberforce Fellows will…
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications and participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion and guest speaker lectures
- Apply the skills they learn to their campus pro-life groups by organizing at least 2 activism/educational events and 1 training event
- Assist Students for Life of America in its mission of equipping the pro-life generation
- Work with their National Wilberforce Mentor (a leader of an existing national pro-life organization) who will help network them with the national pro-life movement and assist in completion on their Fellowship Projects

Apply NOW for the 2014 SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship!
Deadline to apply is April 30th.


Group of the Month: Linn Benton Students for Life

Oftentimes, students ask if it is possible to start and grow a pro-life student group at a community college, and the answer is YES. This month’s Group of the Month is a courageous pro-life group from Linn-Benton Community College of Albany, Oregon.

Linn-Benton Students for Life are committed to “promoting respect for life at LBCC and in the surrounding community, educating on life issues, and helping those in need so life is a promising choice.” This March, Linn-Benton Students for Life hosted SFLA’s What Has Roe Done for Us? Display, thereby educating their campus about the risks of the abortion and the aftermath of Roe v. Wade. A week before the Roe display, they hosted a panel of post-abortive women, which set the stage perfectly for the display by sharing the powerful stories of women in their community.

Read more -->


Pro-Life & Pregnant: Lessons from an Unplanned Pregnancy

by: Jillian, a Students for Life group member


I came to college with a mission. I was a Jesus-lovin’, baby-savin’, praise-music-beltin’ Mother Teresa in training. Of course, I was naïve and a little silly, but my intention was to share the joy that had blossomed in my heart with a world that desperately needs it. Though I’ve matured and mellowed, I still want to do just that. But, you know, a little less… jangly.

About 30 seconds into freshman year, I found the college’s pro-life club and signed up. By my sophomore year, I was the president. I think that this is due more to accidents of circumstance than my administrative ability, but it was a position that I relished and a cause that I cared about deeply. My now-husband and I spent our free time together doing pro-life work, performing praise and worship music for college events, and playing intramural sports. I got good grades, I didn’t have a drink until I was 21, and I served as an officer of various honor societies, clubs and councils.

And then, I got pregnant -->


Calling High School Students! Flyering Saves Lives! Follow us on Instagram!


We are training high school student pro-life activists to be leaders at their schools (and beyond) and to network those student leaders with their counterparts in the national pro-life movement to help further develop their skills.
Apply for the 2014 Thaddeus Stevens Fellowship -->


Want to save lives on your campus? How about find new group members? 
Post ALL the flyers -->


  Follow us on Instagram to see what SFLA is doing at our National Headquarters and around the country!
@studentsforlife




HELP SAVE LIVES TODAY!