Thursday, October 23, 2014

McCullen: ‘We are there first for the woman’ Sidewalk counselor who won Supreme Court case says compassion is key to changing hearts, minds


McCullen: ‘We are there first for the woman’  
 
Sidewalk counselor and pro-life advocate Eleanor McCullen, 78, stands outside an abortion facility in Boston on Aug. 26. Photo courtesy of Operation Rescue Boston When Eleanor McCullen had a deep religious experience 14 years ago, her pastor challenged her to start building up the kingdom of God.
“I had no idea what he was talking about,” she told Our Sunday Visitor. “I am a wife, a mother and a grandmother; I didn’t know what to do. He said I should start praying outside abortion clinics. I said, ‘I guess I could do that.’ He said he could see me working at a prison. I said that sounded interesting.”

Read the story here: https://www.osv.com/OSVNewsweekly/Article/TabId/535/ArtMID/13567/ArticleID/16217/McCullen-%E2%80%98We-are-there-first-for-the-woman%E2%80%99.aspx