Tuesday, January 29, 2019

From CMMB: What will happen to Faith's children?



 



Faith holds her nine-month-old baby Rose in her arms.
"Right now, we are surviving by the mercy of God's love."
 
 
Faith lives with her family in a very remote and impoverished village in Kenya. Last year, when she was pregnant with her seventh child, her husband became very ill. They used the little money they had to get him treatment, but in the end, it wasn't enough. He died weeks before the birth and never got to meet his baby girl, Rose.

Overcome with grief, Faith said through tears, "I don't know what I will do. My children are hungry and sick. We are so far from the hospital and I spent so much of the little we had trying to help my husband get well. Now, I spend most of my time trying to find food for my children. Right now we only eat once a day. What will happen to them?"
Faith with her family in front of their home in Kenya.
"If today I can get a donkey I would work tirelessly for my children without depending on anyone else." - Faith
Without access to enough food, safe water and regular health check-ups, Faith's children are all at risk of becoming malnourished and sick. For her youngest children, like baby Rose, 2-year-old Judy, and 4-year-old Lucia, the impact could be devastating and irreversible.

Faith wants her children to be healthy and happy and to be able to provide for them. But for vulnerable families living in extreme poverty, like Faith's, the loss of a spouse is a challenge that can seem impossible to overcome, with dire consequences for the entire family.

You can help. A gift of $100, $200, $500, or any amount, will mean improved access to nutrition, quality healthcare, and medicines for vulnerable mothers and children.
Your compassion and generosity can offer relief for families like Faith's who are living in extreme poverty.
DONATE NOW
With grace and compassion for the world's vulnerable families,

President and CEO
CMMB/Healthier Lives Worldwide



Healthier Lives Worldwide