Friday, June 15, 2018
Evangelist Alveda King: Remembering Our Fathers on Father's Day
Contact: Leslie Palma, 732-757-9087
ATLANTA, June 15, 2018 /Christian Newswire/ -- Evangelist Alveda King submits the following and is available for comment:
Father's Day is Sunday and I miss my dad, Rev. AD King, who taught me to love everyone. When my uncle Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated, in error, I tried to blame white people. Daddy said, "no, we are all one race, one blood human beings. White people didn't kill your uncle, the Devil did."
Daddy was such a great father and a great family leader. I only wish I had gotten to spend more time with him. But I rejoice in the faith that he is resting in peace with our Heavenly Father.
Father's Day also causes me to reflect on Joseph, the foster father of Jesus and husband of Mary. When faced with a new spouse, who was unexpectedly pregnant, unlike many fathers of today, Joseph embraced his new role of fatherhood and stepped up to the plate to take care of his family. He did not walk away from his responsibility, or worse, try to kill Jesus in Mary's womb; unlike occurrences in our society today.
I'm blessed to know some other remarkable men who as role models are working to share the knowledge of what they have learned with other men around the country and the world.
One such person is Bishop Harry Jackson of The Hope Connection. He works helping men who have been in prison to re-integrate into the family and society. He understands the importance of the family and the role a father plays to give them a better chance in life. He has mounted a Father's Day campaign to do just that. Please pray and fast with him beginning on June 17.
Kevin Burke is also working to improve the lives of fathers through the healing after abortion ministry, Rachel's Vineyard and the Silent No More's The Shockwaves of Abortion campaign which focuses on a different group each month with June being focused on healing fathers.
On the heels of Father's Day we celebrate Juneteenth, a holiday in the United States that commemorates the announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas on June 19, 1865, and more generally the emancipation of African-American slaves throughout the Confederate South. In celebration of Juneteenth we're continuing to cry out for justice for all Americans, born and unborn. Towards that goal, we ask you to join the movement by signing on to an open letter to Congressional members encouraging them to support The Prison Reform and Redemption Act (H.R. 3356).
As we celebrate Father's Day let's remember the important role all fathers play in the family and pray that all fathers will take their responsibilities seriously and help make the world a better place for everyone.
For those who are like me and your fathers have passed away, be encouraged. Our Father God still cares. And let's pray for all fathers everywhere from the White House, to the court house, to the battlefield, to the jail house, to God's house.
Diaper Sales Plummet as Americans Have Fewer Babies
LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
Friday, June 15, 2018
|Having problems reading this email? To read the news, visit LifeNews.com.|
• Melinda Gates Slams President Trump for Defunding International Planned Parenthood
• Father Impregnated His Daughter, Planned Parenthood Did Abortion and Sent Her to Him to Rape Again
• Christian YouTuber’s Excellent Video for Women: “The First Person You Have Sex With Should be Your Husband”
• Berkeley, California City Council Passes Measure Calling for “Humane Population Control”
More Pro-Life News
• Am I a Father if My Wife is Pregnant? What if My Baby Died in a Miscarriage?
• Canada’s Top Court Rules Christian College Can’t Promote Biblical View of Sexual Behavior on Campus
• Abortion Activist Amanda Marcotte Claims Abortions are Safer Than “Carrying an Unwanted Pregnancy to Term”
• Christians Will be “Required” to Kill Babies in Abortions or Refer to Those Who Do
• Diaper Sales Plummet as Americans Have Fewer Babies
• Awesome Video Shows Student With Down Syndrome Dancing Across the Stage at Graduation
• Argentina Takes First Step to Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth
• First-Ever Resolution Would Make This County an Abortion-Free “Sanctuary for the Unborn”
• California Lawmakers Approve Bill to Force College Health Centers to Sell Abortion Pills to Students
• University of Minnesota Used Body Parts From Aborted Babies for Research, Including Lungs and Livers
• Abortion Business Files Lawsuit Against Texas Laws Saving Babies From Abortion
• Assisted Suicide Clinic Operator Gets Away With Scamming People for Thousands Before They Killed Themselves
• The Silent Suffering of Fathers After Abortion
• Northern Ireland Pro-Lifers: Tell Sinn Fein, “Abortion? Not in our name!”
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing several thousand dollars? Contact email@example.com about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.
California Lawmakers Approve Bill to Force College Health Centers to Sell Abortion Pills to Students
University of Minnesota Used Body Parts From Aborted Babies for Research, Including Lungs and Livers
Assisted Suicide Clinic Operator Gets Away With Scamming People for Thousands Before They Killed Themselves
Daily Pro-Life News Report
Receive a free daily email report from LifeNews.com with the latest pro-life news stories on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.
Receive a free twice-weekly email report with the latest pro-life news headlines on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.
Thursday, June 14, 2018