When I told Sean Hannity in the March 9th interview that I would indeed deny him Communion for being a public dissenter, this provoked - or rather renewed - a vigorous debate about the whole issue. There is a lot of fuzzy thinking on this subject, and a lot of people may be surprised to know that the Church has some very clear ideas about receiving Communion.
I hope that this final installment of the Spirit and Life mini-series on contraception will help you understand a little better the whole reality of what it means to be "in communion" with our Church and, through you, educate cultural Catholics on this fundamental truth of our Faith.
May God bless you and your families in this Easter Season!
Rev. Thomas J. Euteneuer
President, Human Life International
- ((VIDEO message))
- Pope warns Catholic politicians who back abortion
- Priest denies Communion to lesbian couple
- Archbishop Burke: John Kerry will not receive Communion
- Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion
- Participation of Public Catholics
- Resources on Contraception including transcript of this video
- Q & A Archive