Wednesday, December 17, 2014

7 Reasons Why Your Child Needs a Catholic Pediatrician by Kathleen M. Berchelmann, MD

Parents need a doctor who shares their values.


WEB-Infant-Baby-Hand-Ellen-Macdonald-CC















Ellen-Macdonald-CC
I used to believe we should leave medicine to the doctors and faith to the Church. I didn’t really understand that my pediatrician would become a personal mentor for me as I navigated parenthood. I didn’t consider that my pediatrician would become a private confidant of my children, discussing sensitive issues behind closed doors.  And then I became a pediatrician.

I’ve spent the past 11 years practicing pediatrics and I remain more convinced than ever that everyone needs a pediatrician who shares their parenting values. Here are seven reasons why you need a Catholic health care provider for your children, and why I started a not-for-profit directory to help you find these providers at CatholicPediatrics.