Thursday, January 28, 2010

12-Year-Old Homeschooler Releases Pro-Life Song, CD


FORT WAYNE, Ind., Jan. 28 /Christian Newswire/ -- Twelve-year-old Emma MacDonald and her family know a few things about abortion. Last year, Emma wrote the music and lyrics to a song about how abortion has touched her mother and their family. Emma's mother Jennifer is an abortion survivor. Jennifer explains,

"My mom got pregnant with me when she was 18. Unmarried, still in high school, and alone she tried to abort me, but in 1967 abortion was still illegal. The 'procedure' didn't work and she was supposed to return the next week to try again. Being raised Catholic, she 'got the guilts' and didn't return. But for God's grace, I would have been thrown out with the trash.

"Some might say that my early life circumstances were a textbook case for abortion. Thankfully, God had other plans. Despite those many painful years, my adult life is filled with joy and meaning. My five children are alive today because God's grace spared their mother."

When asked how she came to write her song, Emma explains, "One night I woke up suddenly because of a gruesome dream about abortion. A few weeks later, I woke up singing the tune that is now 'You Are There.'" With the encouragement of several people, Emma recorded "You Are There" along with eight original instrumentals she has written. Emma reveals in her lyrics:

"On that day when my mama's mom tried to abort her
God was there.
Through His grace she was spared,
She found those who would care,
This gift of love is why I am alive.
You were there, You were there,
You were watching over us.
By Your grace, we were born
And my daddy's not alone."

© 2009. Emma MacDonald. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted with permission.

The Christmas classic "It's a Wonderful Life" holds special meaning for Emma's father, David. In one scene, the angel Clarence remarks to George Bailey, "Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?" David agrees, "Certainly this applies well to our family. Abortion doesn't affect simply the lives of a mother and her unborn child, but future generations to come."

Emma's song and CD are now available at: www.cdbaby.com/Artist/EmmaMacDonald

* A portion of sales of this CD is donated to pro-life organizations.