Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Visited by an Angel or Something"



Daniel in the Lion's den visited by an angel (...
Angel visits Daniel in lion's den. Image via Wikipedia

Follow Up

From http://www.calcatholic.com
News from the Trenches
Friday, January 22, 2010

The following note came on January 22 from the Culture of Life Family Services office. This office often sees women sent by sidewalk counselors from the abortion clinics in San Diego.
We had seven women in crisis pregnancies see us over two days (Wed. and Thursday)… five chose life and two (although Planned Parenthood had already confirmed their pregnancies and had scheduled their abortions) were not carrying viable pregnancies or had already miscarried.

One was M. from Family Planning Associates last Saturday. She kept telling me not to waste her time. She wanted an abortion and was not changing her mind. Then she saw the baby on ultra sound tumbling, sucking his thumb and doing generally very cute baby things and she was "Wowed."

She asked me if I knew a lady named Terry (the sidewalk counselor that met her outside of the abortion clinic). I said "yes" and she said, "Oh, good because I thought I had imagined her or been visited by an angel or something. That lady just appeared, gave me the Culture of Life Family Services card and helped me call, then disappeared."

We've signed her up for MediCal, let her choose a "basket of love" for her baby and there was a different woman leaving our office than the one that came in.

For the original conversation between Terry and M., see "I Have to Have This Done Today" published on January 22 or click here.