Volunteers in 19 countries are participating in the current campaign, including three nations that are on the list for the first time: Ethiopia, Romania and Slovenia.
Robert Colquhoun, the international outreach coordinator for 40 Days for Life, first witnessed the campaign during a trip to Canada. When he returned home to England, he organized the first British vigil ... and has since helped 40 Days for Life spread in four continents.
Leading a campaign is hard work ... and there can be unique challenges in different parts of the world. Here’s a look at two new vigil locations where faith has led the way.
Day 3 intention
Pray for your local pregnancy help center: for those who answer calls from women considering abortion, those who provide ultrasounds, and those who personally help mothers prepare to parent or place for adoption.
Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
— Psalm 82:4
Reflection by Rev. John Ensor
They listen to her. What desperate circumstance is driving her?
They act. A professional ultrasound and medical care is provided.
They pray, “God use us.” Then, they take up her burdens and work towards life.
It is cross-bearing for the child-bearing.
I prayed for one volunteer who was working with one mother in her struggle. Here is what “rescue the weak” looked like in this one case:
• Aug 3: She made an appointment for Thursday to get an abortion and while
• Aug 10: She is 12 weeks along but missed her appointment. She had some
• Aug 13: Things are down again. She now has an bortion scheduled for
• Aug 17: Missed appointment! God is working in her life.
• Sept 1: We’ve hit another rocky period. She has an abortion scheduled for
• Sept 15: Missed third appointment. But feels like she has no choice. Please
• Sept 20: She fears her parents but has agreed to another ultrasound
• Sept 22: I was there with her for her ultrasound. She saw her baby moving
Please keep praying against attack by the enemy. We are overwhelmed by seeing God’s hand move in this situation and are so very thankful for the prayers lifted up by each one of you. God is good!
Father, we praise you for this one sister who gave herself, heart and soul, to rescue this one mother and baby. O may you empower the hundreds more today who are serving in our pregnancy help centers. Grant those answering calls, providing ultrasound and following up with a bold spirit of truth, love and perseverance.
40 Days for Life