LOS ANGELES, Aug. 28 /Christian Newswire/ -- On Wednesday the Democratic Party made it official by nominating Sen. Barack Obama as their presidential candidate. Barack Obama is scheduled to give his formal acceptance speech tonight. His address coincides with the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech. Radio talk show host and social commentator Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson says no amount of phony Hollywood theatrics can hide the fact that Sen. Obama's agenda is a continuation of left- wing policies, which have turned Dr. King's dream into a nightmare for Black Americans.
"Ninety percent of Black Americans support Sen. Obama. Millions are caught up with his celebrity status, but we must take a step back and look at the real Barack Obama," said Rev. Peterson. Here's a sample of what an Obama administration won't do for Black America:
- 70% of Black children are born out-of-wedlock; yet Sen. Obama has no plan for this crisis.
- According to CDC reports AIDS remains the leading cause of death among Black women between ages 25 and 34. In Washington D.C., more than 80 percent of HIV cases are among Black people. Yet, Obama is counting on condom distribution to deal with this scourge.
- Sen. Obama was a committed member of a racist church for 20 years. He gave $20,000 of his own money to the anti-American Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Does this sound like a man who's judging people based on the content of their character?
- Since 1973, 13 million Black babies have been aborted; meanwhile, as an Illinois state senator, 'pro- choice champion' Obama even opposed legislation designed to protect babies who survived late-term abortions.
- Sen. Obama opposes CA Prop. 8, which recognizes marriage only between a man and a woman, yet supports Sex Ed for Kindergarteners as long as long as it's 'age-appropriate'.
- In Los Angeles, illegal alien gang members randomly shoot down Black Americans, but Mr. Obama says immigration raids are ineffective and that illegals should have a 'path to citizenship.'
"Barack Obama wants to be king, but clearly he is no King. Obama's ideas and policies are a nightmare for all Americans," said Rev. Peterson.
BOND Action, Inc. is a 501 (c) (4) new cultural action organization. If you strongly believe in the family, traditional moral values, and positive, honest race relations, we are asking you to become a member of BOND Action, Inc. We need your physical, spiritual, and financial support as we work together to stand up for our families, our communities, and our great nation. Donations to BOND Action, Inc. are not deductible for tax purposes.