If anyone thought the abortion agenda desired by Obama supporters was a big secret, it is now out in the open. A coalition of dozens of pro-abortion groups submitted a 55 page document to Obama with its wish list for his presidency. Translate: Marching orders. The document not only outlines what they expect, but brazenly gives Obama the text for legislative language, Executive Orders, Presidential Memorandums, regulatory initiatives and a list of judicial vacancies — all to facilitate Obama carrying out their marching orders as efficiently and expeditiously as possible.
The only surprise is that the groups did not expect Obama to reveal their strategy. If you have the fortitude, you can read the entire 55-page document here.
As expected, the directive asks Obama to call on Congress to pass the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), and sign it into law. “We urge the President to signal public support for FOCA and call on Congress to pass this important legislation,” the memo states.
The wish list gives Obama marching orders for the first 100 days of his presidency and then lists long-term goals for four years. The directives are lengthy and horrendous:
- Repeal the Hyde Amendment which prohibits the use of federal taxpayer dollars for abortion.
- Make abortion a mandate in health care reform.
- Pay for abortions for Medicaid women, federal employees and their dependents, residents of the District of Columbia, Peace Corps volunteers, Native-American women and women in federal prisons.
- Restore funding to the UNFPA (an organization which is involved in China’s one-child policy which uses forced abortion and sterilization).
- Overturn the Mexico City Policy so that organizations that promote and perform abortions overseas can receive federal tax dollars.
- Pack the U.S. Supreme Court and lower courts with judicial candidates committed to abortion.
- Reduce abstinence funding.
- Eliminate information on federal websites which cite medical and mental health problems for women who undergo abortions.
As we said ad nauseum prior to the election, Obama is pro-abortion to the core. The pro-aborts know this as well — that’s why the marching orders, while chilling in scope, should come as no surprise.