Wednesday, November 18, 2009

News from the Trenches:


Family Planning Associates, Miramar Road, San Diego - Saturday Nov. 14.


The first thing I do when arriving in front of Family Planning Associates early Saturday mornings is to attach a full-size image of Our Lady of Guadalupe high on the tree facing the abortion mill, which is on the second floor across the parking lot, so it can be seen by all who enter the mill. Our Lady rewarded us this morning with a miraculous save because of her image. A Hispanic couple in their late 30s drove right past me at the driveway and paused for some time in front of the mill out of my sight. 

A short time later as they drove to the exit, the husband made the sign of the cross, and stopped the car as I approached him. I asked him, "Were you here for Family Planning Associates?" He looked over and pointed to the image on the tree and the lone prayer warrior who was saying the Rosary next to it and said, "Our Lady of Guadalupe." I asked him in different wording, "Were you here for the abortion clinic?" He paused slightly, and looking down said "Not right now." I offered some literature in Spanish on the negligence of the abortionist, which he gladly accepted. His wife had a reserved look on her face, but he smiled at me as he left. 

A bit later an African American girl, T., who looked to be in her teens, and her older sister stopped their car at the driveway, and I gave them a flyer on the abortionist. The younger girl confirmed that she had an appointment for an abortion. I told them "You can't take back an abortion once it is done," and not to rush into it. I told them that I knew women who had abortions 25 years ago, that still suffered emotional distress. After telling them of the various possible complications and side effects from having an abortion, and that Dr. Delgado from COLFS would see them for free if their insurance did not cover it, the older sister said that they would read the information before going in. 

I pointed to the prayer warriors on their knees (there were four of them by now), and said "Those people over there are praying for you right now." Pointing to the Rosary hanging from their mirror, I said "Please pray about this on that Rosary," and I pleaded with them to see me first before deciding to go in there. About fifteen minutes later, they drove up to me and said that they decided not to go through with the abortion and promised to call Dr. Delgado first thing Monday morning. I told them that they would never regret choosing life for their baby, and that God would bless them. They were both smiling. 

About an hour later, another Hispanic couple in their 30s drove in and stopped for me to give them a flyer. I told them it would be a big mistake to see this abortionist and that he had a long record of lawsuits for negligence. After seeing a Rosary on their mirror, I told them that God would look after them if they had this baby, and that He would bless them for choosing life. I told them that every baby is a gift from God, and that they would never regret choosing life. I gave the man a photo of a six-week-old fetus and pointed out the little hands and fingers. His eyebrows went up, and he lifted his head in surprise. The wife who was in the passenger seat was beginning to smile, and the man said that they would leave and call Dr. Delgado at COLFS Monday morning.


From http://www.calcatholic.com/