Friday, February 22, 2013

CMMB: Your support will make a difference in so many lives


CMMB.org

Dear Friends,

Jenny Jordan with a patient
 Jenny Jordan, one of CMMB's medical volunteers working in Guaimaca, Honduras.

Donate Button

As we continue our Lenten journey, I would like to share with you another story of sacrifice from Jenny Jordan, one of our medical volunteers. Jenny has been in Honduras for four months, helping to bring quality medical care to the people of Guaimaca. We depend on your support to send volunteers to dozens of countries in the developing world, where they do so much to improve the lives of God's most vulnerable children.
Like many of our volunteers, Jenny is often more than just a medical professional - she is part of the community. Jenny gave this reflection on her first 4 months in Honduras:
"I can’t tell you how many times I just stop and think to myself, 'I can’t believe this is my life.' I am so thankful for the opportunities I have... People keep telling me I’m doing such a great thing, but really, I’m just lucky that I have this chance to do something that I truly love. It’s the people that I work with every day who are doing the great things – the Sisters (who are more incredible than I can describe), and the girls at the Center who walk 2 hours from their villages each week because they know they have the chance to do something bigger with their lives..."

In this season of sacrifice, your gifts will support people like Jenny Jordan, and our other volunteers who have given so much of themselves to help others.

I hope we can count on your support. Thank you for all you do for us and our volunteers.

Sincerely,

Bruce Wilkinson Signature.png

Bruce Wilkinson

President & CEO
Catholic Medical Mission Board
 
 
Give with Confidence

©2012 Catholic Medical Mission Board, all rights reserved | 10 West 17th Street | New York, NY 10011  800-678-5659 cmmb.org