* Why is it . . . when three people die from E.coli poisoning, spinach is immediately pulled off the shelf in every corner of the world, but when eight women die from RU-486, the at-home abortion pill, no one even raises an eyebrow?
* Why is it . . . after 34 years of legalization, abortion is still the best-kept secret in America? A recent study showed that less than 3 in 10 people realize that abortion is legal throughout all nine months of pregnancy for any reason whatsoever.
* Why is it . . . that abortion, the number-one cause of death in the US annually, is so badly misunderstood? 50 million dead and counting.
* Why is it . . . that the average American will be an eyewitness to murder and mayhem, in every conceivable form, thousands of times a year, on both television and movies, but the media feels that it is inappropriate to provide the general public with a factual description of even a first trimester abortion, let alone a partial-birth abortion?
* Why is it . . . that on one floor of many US hospitals they will abort babies left and right, but on another floor, they'll spend tons of money to save a child born at the same gestational age as the children being aborted floors below?
* Why is it . . . that when a woman is happy about her pregnancy, it's a "baby"? She's asked questions like "when is your baby due?" or "How far along is your baby?" But when she wants an abortion . . . it's suddenly a blob of tissue or a product of conception?
* Why is it . . . that you can kill an unborn baby anytime you want to, for any reason under the sun, but if you destroy a turtle egg on a Florida beach, you go to jail? There have been fines of $4,000 for killing cats, $1,300 fine and 60 days in jail for torturing and killing rabbits, and a $10,000 fine for killing a historic tree.
* Why is it . . . when a woman goes into an abortion clinic, the champions of "choice" only offer the choice of abortion?
* Why is it . . . if abortion is supposed to be available to give a woman a "choice," that illegal coercion is the number-one cause of abortion in America today? The number-one cause of death among pregnant women is murder.
* Why is it . . . that many do not see the handwriting on the wall . . . that abortion is a catalyst to infanticide, euthanasia, assisted suicide, human cloning, tampering with human genetics, cross-breeding humans and animals, only to name a few contemporary assaults on the sanctity of human life?
* Why is it . . . that more people don't understand if we lose the abortion debate, none of us are safe?
* Why is it . . . that the major Fortune 500 companies will proudly support Planned Parenthood, the number one provider of abortion services on the planet, but pro-life companies are scared to death to openly support the unborn, the fear of retribution in the marketplace?
* Why is it . . . that Planned Parenthood has a budget of over $800 million a year, while pro-life organizations are forced to eke out projects and programs on a shoestring budget?
* Why is it . . . that church leaders and whole Christian denominations would take a position in support of abortion, even evoking the name of God and the Bible to support their position? More importantly, why isn't there any outcry from the membership of those denominations?
* Why is it . . . a lot of pro-lifers, including pastors, insist on declaring that abortion is a political issue and therefore has no place in the church? It is a spiritual and moral issue that has political ramifications. It is a violation of the Sixth Commandment.
* Why is it . . . that in every election cycle, God-fearing citizens cast their vote for politicians who support abortion?
* Why is it . . . that when looking at candidates for public office, a position on the economy is of greater importance than a position on the value of human life?
* Why is it . . . that we consider our government to be "by the people and for the people," but only few show up to vote?
* Why is it . . . most of our shepherds can give a sermon on any subject under the sun, but hardly ever on abortion?
* Why is it . . . mothers who have 2 or 3 children, who fully understand that life begins at conception, will opt for an abortion? Why do some mothers have multiple abortions?
* Why is it . . . most pro-lifers continue to do business with known supporters of Planned Parenthood, even though they realize that hey are being complicit in funding PP?
* Why is it . . . many pro-lifers seem to be "closet pro-lifers." No one knows that they are pro-life, not even their closest friends or family, because "mums" the word?
* Why is it . . . so few pro-lifers come out to the killing centers, where we have the last encounter with mothers, minutes away from killing their own flesh and blood?
* Why is it . . . most Christians don't make the connection between contraception and abortion?
* Why is it . . . one never sees the word "abortion" on the buildings or signs at abortion clinics? If abortion is such a good "choice," why hide what it is they really do?
* Why is it . . . most pro-lifers fail to write letters to local and national elected officials who push the abortion agenda? To remain silent, is to allow the pro-aborts to speak for us.
* Why is it . . . most Christians fail to accept the fact that we were created for "such a time as this." This is our battle for which we will have to give an account!
[From Christian Action News, March 2007]