Polish bishops endorse Ignatius Press book on Marriage and Communion
The following comes from an Apr. 7 posting on the blogsite of Father John Zuhlsdorf.
I received the great news that the Five Cardinals Book is now out in Polish. HERE
It isn’t just out in Polish, it received an endorsement from the Polish Bishops Conference.
That is quite a step. That means that the Polish Bishops Conference is taking a strong stand, in advance of the October Synod on the Family, against the “German” or “Kasperite” position.
Why would they do such a thing? Because, not only do they want to defend faithfully the Church’s doctrine, they also probably sense that the efforts of the Kasperites, so far, have aimed at undermining the Magisterium of St. Pope John Paul II.
The book was originally released, simultaneously, in English, Italian, French, Spanish and German. In English it is entitled, Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church [Ignatius Press, San Francisco]. It contains five essays of cardinals, of the archbishop secretary of the Vatican congregation for the Oriental Churches, and of three scholars on the ideas supported by Walter Card. Kasper in the opening discourse of the consistory in February 2014.
These are the nine chapters of the book:
- The Argument in Brief- Robert Dodaro, O.S.A.
- Dominical Teaching on Divorce and Remarriage: The Biblical Data – Paul Mankowski, S.J.
- Divorce and Remarriage in the Early Church: Some Historical and Cultural Reflections – John M. Rist
- Separation, Divorce, Dissolution of the Bond, and Remarriage: Theological and Practical Approaches of the Orthodox Churches – Archbishop Cyril Vasil’, S.J.
- Unity and Indissolubility of Marriage: From the Middle Ages to the Council of Trent – Walter Cardinal Brandmüller
- Testimony to the Power of Grace: On the Indissolubility of Marriage and the Debate concerning the Civilly Remarried and the Sacraments – Gerhard Ludwig Cardinal Müller
- Sacramental Ontology and the Indissolubility of Marriage – Carlo Cardinal Caffarra
- The Divorced and Civilly Remarried and the Sacraments of the Eucharist and Penance – Velasio Cardinal De Paolis, C.S.
- The Canonical Nullity of the Marriage Process as the Search for the Truth – Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke