Friday, May 27, 2011

“Countless rejections”

Planned Parenthood, 29th and B streets, Sacramento, Friday, May 20, 2011


News from the Trenches 

(Reprinted with permission from “Blessings from the Sidewalk,” published by Helpers of God’s Precious Infants, Sacramento.

Today a small group of Helpers began praying and attempting to counsel women as they entered on abortion day. 

After countless rejections, I reached out again to a young woman walking past me in pajama bottoms offering her a positive alternative. She coyly looked at me momentarily and nodded with her head, “No.” I responded kindly to another rejection, "We will be praying for you and your baby." 

A while later a young twentyish Hispanic couple were driving in with a Rosary dangling from the rear view mirror and rejecting our offers. The driver dropped off his girlfriend for her appointment. We continued praying and pleading that God would open up their hearts. 

Just as I was about to leave, the young Hispanic male returned to PP to pick up his girlfriend. As I was walking to my car, the same driver recklessly screeched past me and the sign on my car that stated, "Pray to end abortion." 

Thank You for the invitation to be here today with other dedicated Helpers who come out rain or shine to witness for life. Unfortunately, I never had an opportunity to counsel even one person today, but hopefully the prayers will go a long way to fulfill my inadequacies and continuous failure at the sidewalk. 

INVITATION 

The Helpers of God’s Precious Infants invite you to a Helpers’ Prayer Vigil for Life on Saturday, July 16, at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church at 26th and K streets in midtown Sacramento. 

It begins with Bishop Jaime Soto of the Diocese of Sacramento celebrating Holy Mass at 8 a.m. Afterwards, there will be Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and then Bishop Jaime Soto will lead a Helpers’ Rosary Procession to and from a nearby abortion center. 

For more information, call Ed Pierini at (916) 806-3103, or vist the Sacramento Helpers’ website at http://www.sacramentohelpers.org.