Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daphne Campbell, a Courageous Woman!

Yesterday I sent an email to State Representative Daphne Campbell, who went through some horrible experiences from her own political party members when she stood up for pre-born babies in the Florida legislature. Below my post is Daphne's reply email. I thought I would share it with you so we all know how courageous this lady is. May the Lord grant her many blessings+


May 9, 2011

State seal of Florida

Image via Wikipedia

Daphne Campbell

FL


Dear Daphne Campbell:

As a Florida resident, I would like to sincerely thank you for your
courageous stand for Life in supporting pro-life legislation in the face

of intolerance from your own party.

Your several pro-life votes, including ones for mandatory ultrasounds
before abortions and strengthened parental notification laws, are votes
that will protect women, children, and the unborn.

I join you in condemning the despicable actions of your fellow
lawmakers,
who showed their intolerance towards pro-life Florida women last week.

Lawmakers should not threaten, insult, and demean one another simply for

standing up for what is right.

Thank you for having the courage and the principle to stand strong for
women, children , and the unborn in the face of such cowardice from your

fellow lawmakers. You are an inspiration to pro-life women everywhere,
and
I encourage you to keep up the fight!

Sincerely,

Florida State Capitol

Image via Wikipedia

Rev. Mr. John Giglio


On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Campbell, Daphne <Daphne.Campbell@myfloridahouse.gov> wrote:
Thank you for your support and words of encouragement.   I came to the
legislature to represent the people of District 108; my responsibilityis to my faith, my convictions, my district and myself.  That is how I
chose to vote on the very controversial right to life legislation that
came before the Florida House this past session.  Although I was branded
as a "traitor" by members of my own party and drug through the press, I
still stand on my beliefs.  I will continue to vote my conscience and
speak for the people of House District 108.

Thank you again for all of your support.

Daphne Campbell, RN
State Representative, District 108


 

Zemanta helped me add links & pictures to this email. It can do it for you too.