Sunday, October 28, 2018

From 40 Days For Life: DAY 33: From movie to vigil



 

 
image

Movies move people.
Despite the media blackout of the Gosnell movie, millions of people have seen it. One couple saw Gosnell, left the theater, and drove straight to their local 40 Days for Life vigil!
No movie will unveil the myth of Planned Parenthood or get more people praying outside abortion facilities than when Abby Johnson's conversion story, Unplanned, hits the big screen on March 22.
On this week's episode of the 40 Days for Life Podcast, we sat down with Emma Elle Roberts and Jared Lotz--who play my wife and me in Unplanned--to talk about the film, the career risk they took starring in a pro-life motion picture, and how they hope Unplanned will impact the culture.
image
For more information on Unplanned, visit:
https://40daysforlife.com/movie/
If you would like information on hosting a theater in your city at no-charge, email: movie@40daysforlife.com
image
image
 
image
 

St. Helens, Oregon

There is no abortion center in St. Helens, but that hasn't stopped Betty from leading a 40 Days for Life campaign at a busy intersection in the town of fewer than 14,000 people.
"I feel called to make people aware of the truth about abortion, Planned Parenthood, and conditions in Oregon--which has no laws to protect the unborn," Betty said.
Recruiting volunteers isn't easy in a tiny town with no abortion facility, so Betty, herself, is at the vigil from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day!
That's not to say she doesn't have help. "I have people who give all the time they can," she said. "One sacrifices four hours a day, two days a week, in spite of physical pain. She says it doesn't hurt any more to sit at the vigil site with me than it does to sit at home."
image
An 11-year-old vigil participant with a sign that reads, "Abortion denies love" drew the attention--and touched the hearts of--the community. Upon seeing the sign, one passerby gestured toward the young prayer warrior by forming her fingers into the shape of a heart.
"Now that I have been 'living on the street' 12 hours a day, you meet people in every situation..." Betty said.
"...victims of incest and rape and abuse, homeless people, and two different people who said, 'I wish my mother would have aborted me!' My heart is wrenched by their pain."
Betty said those encounters have prompted her, not just to pray, but also to read books that help her respond with Christ's love to all those she encounters.
"I could never have imagined how this would play out but I am trusting in the Lord for renewal and nourishment of my soul today so I can be out there tomorrow morning again refreshed and ready for the Lord to use me."
 
image

Lagos, Nigeria

The 40 Days for Life team in Lagos hosted a pro-life march to create awareness about abortion. When the event ended, campaign leaders met an expectant mother who was both addicted to crack and involved in prostitution.
"We took her in and took care of her," said campaign leader Morris Joseph.
The troubled mother gave birth to a baby girl and has been reunited with her family!
image
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor.
— Psalm 8:3-9
Lord, you are the creator of all things. Guide my thoughts to consider your creation in all of its majesty, beauty and holiness. Guide my heart especially to your creation of precious human life. Help me to comprehend how essential life is in your own heart. Teach me to appreciate, love and protect all human life.
See today's full devotional
For life,
image
Shawn Carney
President/CEO, 40 Days for Life
 
image


40 Days for Life 4112 E 29th St. Bryan, Texas 77802 United States (888) LIFE-316