Monday, August 24, 2009

Kourtney Kardashian is Singing Our Song


MEDIA ADVISORY, Aug. 24 /Christian Newswire/ -- Dr. Alveda King, Director of African American Outreach for Priests for Life and Day Gardner, President of the National Black Pro-Life Union says, "Thank you Kourtney Kardashian, for saying what we've been saying all along. We don't have to kill our children to have better lives."

"Kourtney's singing our song, she found messages from post-abortive women like myself on the internet, and realized that abortion can cause a lot of pain and grief," said Dr. Alveda King.

According to People Magazine, Kourtney looked online and read stories of women who had abortions. "I was sitting on the bed hysterically crying, reading these stories of people who felt so guilty from having an abortion," she recalls. "I was reading these things of how many people are traumatized by it afterwards."

Dr. Alveda King, Director of the African American Outreach at Priests for Life said, "I am a member of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, which posts the largest collection of such testimonies on the internet precisely for the purpose of exposing the truth about abortion."

Lorey Carter, Director of Underserved Outreach for the CareNet said, "Kudos to Kourtney! She will experience first-hand that an unplanned pregnancy does not mean an unwanted child. Her doctor advised her well saying she would not regret having her baby."

Carter added, "Motherhood does not deny a woman her full potential but helps her to embrace it. Many women became much more responsible and focused because they have a child depending on them."

Shealeta Reed Executive Director of Atlanta CareNet Center agreed, "Those insisting on abortion cry out because of the lack of access to resources to sustain life. The answer is not funding legalized abortion but rather funding more jobs and accessible resources, education and job training."

Day Gardner of National Black Pro-Life Union adds, "Children are a blessing and a gift--that doesn't change if a child is unplanned or unwanted. Every gift of life should be welcomed with joy by his or her natural parents and if not, by adoptive parents."

"Women's procreative reproductive rights protect a woman's health for, if and when she is ready to be a mother," said Dr. King.

Kourtney Kardashian recently told People Magazine why she is keeping her baby, "For me, all the reasons why I wouldn't keep the baby were so selfish: It wasn't like I was raped, it's not like I'm 16. I'm 30 years old, I make my own money, I support myself, I can afford to have a baby. And I am with someone who I love, and have been with for a long time."

For more information go to www.silentnomoreawareness.org andwww.rachelsvineyard.org

Background: Letter to President Obama