Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WE BELIEVE, HELP OUR UNBELIEF! WE ARE BORN, HELP OUR UNBORN!

No. 466  / Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WE BELIEVE, HELP OUR UNBELIEF!
WE ARE BORN, HELP OUR UNBORN!



Station - Jesus meets the weeping women  in Pfefferschlag He blesses those who are pregnant and the children in the square in front of the historic village church.


He would be a disciple of Jesus... "I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mk 9.24). Let us call him "the disciple of human struggle", the disciple of our human weakness and striving. His words were spoken directly to Jesus in a moment of desperation.

God is All Good, we are good in small measures and irregularly. God is omniscient, we are ignorant and confused much of the time. God is omnipotent, we are consummate weakness. God is Love, we are self-centered much of the time, we like sometimes, we love imperfectly. But, "I believe Lord; help my unbelief!"

This is a cry of hope. "I hope Lord; help my hopelessness." A cry for strength. "I have courage Lord, help my discouragement!"

And so, when a despondent, discouraged pregnant woman considers having her unborn child aborted, humanity senses her anguish though we have not walked in her steps. We sense her confusion and weakness. We sense too the prayer that she should try to make. "I believe Lord; help my unbelief! I am born Lord; but help my unborn!"

God help us to help her and in our world's time of need to make this our prayer too. "We believe Lord; help our unbelief! We are born Lord; help our unborn!"


Visit the website: Unborn Word Alliance
Visit the blog version of: Unborn Word of the day