Thursday, August 9, 2007

Abortionist: "God I repent…End Abortion and Bring Revival to America. It's time."



Thousands of young people beg God for an end to abortion at "The Call" prayer rally

By Elizabeth O'Brien

NASHVILLE, August 9, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - During the massive prayer rally of 07.07.07 that drew an estimated 100,000 primarily young people to Nashville this July, a former abortionist begged God for mercy and joined crowds in praying for a definitive end to the national crime of abortion.

During "The Call" rally, former Planned Parenthood abortionist Dr. Patti Geibink stood up and testified, confessing her sins and begging God to end abortion. She told the crowds, "Ten years ago, I did abortions for Planned Parenthood." Here she paused, overwhelmed with tears.

"Oh Lord, oh God, God most holy and just," she continued, quoting Psalm 51, "You hate hands that have shed innocent blood. God, I acknowledge my transgression. My sin is always before me. Against you, you only have I sinned and done this evil in your sight."

"God, I repent. I repent for myself and all abortionists all over. We have sacrificed innocent lives to the altars of Baal and Moloch. God, God….Forgive me Lord and other abortionists. God, hear our cry. Be merciful to us. Jesus, I plead your blood over my sins and the sins of this nation."

She then cried out amidst thousands of cheers, "God end abortion and bring revival to America. God end abortion! It's time, it's time."

Others got up and gave their testimony, including one young woman, the daughter of a pastor, who had had an abortion when she was seventeen. She said, "I feared man, my boyfriend, more than I feared the Lord." Referring to her boyfriend, she said, "He set life and death before me, and I chose death."

"But I stand before you in the mercy and love of Jesus, repenting on behalf of the women in America who have had abortions." Then she called on all the women in the audience who had also had abortions to bow their heads and repent together.

During the day, crowds joined in the Eddie James worship, singing a pro-life song that pleads for an end to abortion in America. The words of the song say, "I plead your blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God end abortion, send revival to America".

Thousands of evangelicals joined in the song, clapping, rocking and chanting, "Life…life…life…life..."

During a pause in James' song, Lou Engle, "The Call" prayer rally organizer, told crowds that singer/songwriter Eddie James had given up a major CD contract because of this pro-life song. Engle announced, "I just want to say something. This song that Eddie (James) wrote, he was going to do a CD for a major worship label in America, but when he did this song they told him he couldn't sing it because it's too controversial and so he said with great brokenness of heart, 'then I can't do your CD'."

The crowd of approximately 60,000 people cheered.

"It's time the music industry of the nation becomes prophetic," continued Engle. "We can't ignore these things anymore. And I say to Eddie, 'your children will be like the stars of the sky the sand of the seashore'. Can I just challenge you, we've got to stop being so politically correct. We need a prophetic…change as a nation and change as a culture.

During the day, Kansas Senator Sam Brownback also addressed crowds, asking forgiveness for the national crime of abortion, "We've seen 40 million abortions in America, and I ask for forgiveness."

Youtube clip of Dr.Patti Geibink confessing sins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dKJWpIowc&eurl=http%3A%...

Young girl repents of abortion on behalf of all the women of America:
http://bound4life.com/free-downloads

Thousands of evangelicals singing "Life..life…life…life" during the Eddie James song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZNJ6ew_Zw8&mode=related&...=

LifeSiteNews Background:

Thousands Gather to Pray for National Spiritual Revival in America
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jul/07070907.html