Thursday, May 22, 2008

Project Rachel gives hope



MAY/22/2008
Abortion causes great despair not only for women but also for everyone involved.

Project Rachel gives support after abortion and is operated by each diocese where it exists with the full blessing of the local bishop. It helps anyone who needs help, regardless of their denomination.

It is composed of a network of specially trained priests, confessors, deacons, mental health professionals, and caregivers such as Catholic sisters who companion women and men who have been involved in abortion through the healing process.

Project Rachel was founded in 1984 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA by Victoria Thorn who explains the essence of the project.

“The heart of Project Rachel is the sacrament of reconcilation. And, but it's, it's a holistic response. So not only do we recognize that there's a spiritual wound, we also recognize there's a human wound. And this is the woman who has lost a child in a traumatic and unnatural fashion."

“It's God's touch that will help them to heal. It's also interesting that women say, You know, I would never have an abortion again. I mean, this was the worst thing in my life. But my relationship with God is better than it might ever have been because I met, I met my Savior. And I wasn't abandoned. And that faith life continues to grow.”

Watch a short video on this here:
http://www.h2onews.org/_page_videoview.php?id_news=645&lang=en#