- Midnight. We're waiting for you at Santa Ana Church to participate in prayer and a candlelight vigil for life for our country.
- 2:37 am. It's cold, but the heart is full of love for you, Lord!
- 6:51 am. We are persevering in prayer. Today, this is a territory of peace and life.
- 8:40 am. We're praying for God’s mercy for all of us, that we have offended the Lord with our sin.
- 12:40 pm. Already half a day of staying awake with prayer and fasting – because we love you, Lord, and we want to take care of the heart of women, and the life of their babies.
- 7:35 pm. Many people have joined our prayer, including police officers who have come with devotion to ask for the Lord’s mercy and the conversion of the world.
We pray for God's gift of strength as we strive to protect human life during these 40 Days for Life.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Billions of dollars are spent each year on diet plans. But Jesus tells us to stop worrying so much about our bodies, and instead to trust in God's care for our physical needs.
What would happen if the people who had started on a low-carb diet this year had instead gone on a diet of heavenly food? For non-believers that diet would include trusting in Christ for their salvation, and for believers it would include a renewed prayer life, a new Bible study, or even a spiritual fast. This diet doesn't include giving up on certain kinds of foods. What this diet includes is giving up on anxiety by resting in the loving arms of Christ, trusting that He will provide.
Such a spiritual diet also frees us from our worries, and allows us to freely praise Him and serve others. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
This promised provision teaches us the inestimable worth of our lives. He will not allow us to go without. This intimate knowledge and care for human life on the part of our gracious God is what motivates us to seek for the preservation of human life in all its stages.
Loving heavenly Father, help us to see the worth of all human beings by the way in which you provide for us. We would ask that you provide also the faith, grace and courage to enable us to protect that which is so precious to you. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.
40 Days for Life