Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Novena

I just received this email and I passing it on to you, dear friends and readers:

Deacon John,

I just wanted to pass along some info about this Christmas Novena to End abortion. Because Christmas is such a powerful time for reflecting on motherhood, the incarnation and therefore the scourge of abortion, I started this "Novena Challenge."  http://www.praymorenovenas.com/novenas/christmas-novena

Basically I'm trying to get as many people as possible to pray this Christmas Novena to end abortion. The initial challenge was 500 people, we flew past that and then I set it to 1000 and we surpassed that. You can see posts about the progress here http://www.praymorenovenas.com

I think it's really cool that we have so many people joining in to pray this Christmas novena to end abortion. Yes, it's already on day 4 of the novena, but I thought this might be something you would want to blog about. Or, if nothing else, just join in the prayer! It's never too late :)

The website I set up for it was inspired by my need to remember to pray each day of novenas. So, I created a site that would sent email reminders for each of the nine days. I started with the Christmas Novena and will continue with novenas for other major Catholic feasts.

Feel free to share this with your readers or others as well.

Thanks and God bless you!

John-Paul Deddens