Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Lesson for Catholics…Saint Padre Pio’s Last Letter


A Lesson for Catholics…Saint Padre Pio’s Last Letter


Without Obedience, There Is No Holiness.  Without Holiness, There Is No Salvation.

Catholic Medical Quarterly
Padre Pio Photo

September 12, 1968

Your Holiness,

I know that your heart is suffering much these days … for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the high teaching that you, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, are giving us. I offer you my prayers and daily sufferings as a small but sincere contribution on the part of the least of your sons in order that God may give you comfort with his Grace to follow the straight and painful way in the defense of eternal truth, which never changes with the passing of the years. Also, in the name of my spiritual children and the Prayer Groups, I thank you for your clear and decisive words that you especially pronounced in the last encyclical “Humanae Vitae”; and I reaffirm my faith, my unconditional obedience to your illuminated directions.

May God grant victory to the truth, peace to his Church, tranquility to the world, health and prosperity to your Holiness so that, once these fleeting doubts are dissipated, the Kingdom of God may triumph in all hearts, guided by your apostolic work as Supreme Pastor of all Christianity.

Humbly yours,

Padre Pio, Capuchin
San Giovanni Rotondo

 

Discover More

  1. Saint Padre Pio’s Christmas Meditation.
  2. Archbishop Chaput’s Letter: Complacency is the Enemy of Faith
  3. Padre Pio On Modernist Who Don’t Believe In Hell…