Tuesday, January 15, 2013

San Diego's First Walk for Life to Take Place this Weekend at 6th and Laurel, Balboa Park

SAN DIEGO, Jan. 15, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Saturday January 19th southern California will celebrate the gift of life at the first ever San Diego Walk for Life. 

"As we solemnly commemorate this year the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the San Diego Walk for Life offers a wonderful opportunity to take a stand for Life! The San Diego Walk for Life is an exciting tribute to a movement that persists in affirming a culture of life in our country. We stand as witnesses to a brighter future in which the majority of Americans understand the beauty of every human life." Charmaine Yoest, President/CEO , Americans United for Life, Washington DC, and speaker at Walk for Life San Diego. 

Charmaine continued, "As the president of Americans United for Life, the legal arm of the pro-life movement, I am grateful to be a part of this historic event and look forward to the day when together we will see an America where all are welcomed in life and protected in law." 

Speaker Caroline Batycki will share her testimony of her open adoption: "Not only did open adoption save the life of my child, it also helped me find immense joy and a new perspective on the value of life." 

Single mom Tamara Alsawaf will share her heart wrenching story of choosing life over death for her child. "Growing up in a strict middle eastern community, having a baby out of wedlock is extremely frowned upon and almost unheard of . . . I was scared. If anyone knew I would be destroyed. I decided then that I didn't want to get an abortion but I HAD TO..." I changed my mind and decided that I would rather deal with the heartache and disappointment of my friends, family and community than get an abortion. It was the best decision I have ever made." Tamara Alsawaf 

Other speakers to include Walter Hoye - Founder/President of Issues 4 Life Foundation (Master of Ceremonies), Dr. Jim Garlow - Senior Pastor, Skyline Church, Rancho San Diego, Dran Reese - Director of The Salt and Light Council along with other powerful speakers. 

The public is invited to participate in this inspiring family-friendly event on January 19th at 9:00 a.m. at Balboa Park on the corner of 6th Avenue and Laurel St., San Diego. More details can be found at www.SanDiegoWalkForLife.com.