LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
May 5, 2016
|For pro-life news updated throughout the day, visit LifeNews.com.|
• Donald Trump Hires Pro-Life Advocate as Top Domestic Policy Director
• Oklahoma Defunds Planned Parenthood, Medicaid Agency Cancels Its Contracts
• Congress Subpoenas StemExpress, Which Buys Intact Aborted Babies From Planned Parenthood
• Alabama Legislature Passes Bill to Ban Dismemberment Abortions Tearing Babies Limb From Limb
More Pro-Life News• 7-Year-Old Student Born Without Hands Wins National Award for Penmanship
• Woman Defends Her Abortion The Day Before Mother’s Day: “It Was For the Good of My Unborn Child”• Moms’ Posts of Their Premature Babies Expose How Abortion is Legal Up to Birth in Most States
• Planned Parenthood Fighting in Court to be Able to Abort Babies With Down Syndrome
• Amazing Single Mom Opens Her Heart and Home to Adopt Six Sisterss
• Abortionist Thomas Gresinger, Who Did Abortions for 43 Years, Passes Away
• Pro-Choice People Say I Should Have Been Aborted Because My Birthmom Was Raped
• Alabama House Passes Bill to Prohibit Abortion Clinics Near Schools
• These Surrogate Sisters Have Turned Renting Their Wombs Into a Family Business
• Changing the Definition of “Death” Turns Human Beings Into Exploitable Commodities
• Louisiana Legislature Passes Bill to Increase Abortion Waiting Period From 24 to 72 Hours • Ohio: Planned Parenthood Backs Pro-Abortion Gov. Ted Strickland to Face Pro-Life Rob Portman
Likely Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is winning praise from pro-life advocates for hiring a top pro-life advocate as a key domestic policy advisory. The presumptive GOP nominee hired long-time conservative congressional aide John Mashburn as his policy director.
The state of Oklahoma is taking steps to divorce itself from the Planned Paethood abortion business after the company was caught selling the body parts of aborted babies. A Medicaid agency is canceling the contracts it has with the abortion company.
The bio-tech firm that purchases aborted baby parts and fully intact aborted babies from the Planned Parenthood abortion business is stonewalling Congress in its attempt to research and investigate the sales. It is failing to provide financial records so the panel can determine if federal law has been broken which prohibits profiting from the sale of aborted baby parts.
Alabama is the latest state where a pro-life piece of legislation to ban dismemberment abortions is advancing and yesterday the legislature approved a bill to make it the 5th state to ban the grisly abortion procedure. The law would follow on the heels of states like Kansas and Oklahoma as well as Mississippi and Louisiana — where bans have are been approved or are advancing through the legislature.
In a society that often tells people with special needs that they can’t, a first grader is proving that she can. Anaya Ellick, a 7-year-old from Chesapeake, Virginia, was born without hands, but this month she defied the odds.
She never wanted to be a mother, but when a pregnancy test showed up positive, the 29-year-old surprised herself by feeling excited.
Two moms of premature babies are making a huge impact for life on Facebook. The moms, Ashley Brooke Costanzo and Whitney Sanders, posted similar messages online in April to raise awareness about late-term abortions and the radical abortion positions of the two Democratic presidential candidates. Since then, tens of thousands of people have shared and viewed their posts online.
Judge Tanya Walton Pratt of the U.S. Court for the Southern District of Indiana has scheduled a June 14 hearing at which she will consider Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky’s request for an injunction to prevent Indiana’s HEA 1337 from going into effect July 1.
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing several thousand dollars? Contact LifeNews at firstname.lastname@example.org about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.