Stop Pro-Abortion Nominee Dawn
March 22, 2009
The Obama Administration's roll-out of Department of Justice appointments has been like a greatest hits parade of abortion advocates.
The latest pro-abortion lawyer to go before the Senate for confirmation is the worst yet.
While it comes as no surprise that President Obama would nominate administration officials who share his pro-abortion beliefs, it is shocking that he would nominate someone as radical as Dawn Johnsen.
Here is a just a short list of Dawn Johnsen's pro-abortion record.
- Dawn Johnsen has worked for the ACLU's Reproductive Freedom Project and she was the legal director for the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL).
- Johnsen has compared pregnancy to slavery. In 1989, she wrote that abortion restrictions such as the partial-birth abortion ban and parental notification laws result in "forced pregnancies,"which she claimed amounts to "involuntary servitude."
- She has argued that the government should strip the Catholic Church and other religious denominations of their tax exempt status because of their pro-life advocacy.
- She was heavily involved in the authorship of the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), which would repeal every state and federal restriction on abortion and further enshrine abortion as the law of the land.
- In a paper given to mark the 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, she said the first priority of the progressive agenda was to "focus on the courts as the vehicle of desired change."
The Office of Legal Counsel advises the federal government on how to interpret policy, law, and regulations in light of the Constitution. In other words, Dawn Johnsen will determine the legal course of the entire government.
Dawn Johnsen's nomination is so extreme that I am very hopeful we can defeat her, but we need your support today!