Tuesday, October 27, 2015

From 40 Days For Life: DAY 35: (VIDEO) This will ROCK your world!

40 Days for Life
Dear Deacon John,
 
Occasionally, during my 40 Days for Life travels, I experience something that moves me profoundly ... and then I want to share it with the world.
 
I just had one of those monumental moments, and this short video tells the story:
 
 

The video highlights my family's just-completed whirlwind trip all across Croatia (our fastest-growing international location) to support their 40 Days for Life campaigns in 20 cities. As we discovered, this Eastern European nation is ROCKING 40 Days for Life!
 
But the video does so much more than just tell the story of Croatia's involvement in 40 Days for Life.
 
It shows the heart of this movement in which you and I are blessed to participate. 
 
It demonstrates how God hears and answers prayers. 
 
It illustrates the hope YOU are providing for the entire world. 
 
And best of all—it features a beautiful surprise at the end ... that you'll just have to watch to experience. WARNING: have a tissue box nearby!
 
Take 7 minutes to watch and be inspired by this video now:
 
 
Before sharing this video with you, I sent it to several people for feedback, and here were a few of the responses ...
 
"FANTASTIC!!! I was crying tears of joy by the end of the video - extremely touching and real!"
 
"Amazing video ... direct, inspiring, and beautiful end with a flourish :-)"
 
"This is awesome, and I can’t wait for the world to see it."
 
"This is beautiful!! The people in Croatia seem so full of love in their heart for life. Can't beat an ending like this one for sure. Tears of joy!"
 
Watch the video that prompted these comments:
 
 
I am so incredibly honored to co-labor in the Lord's harvest field together with you, Deacon John!
 

 
Here’s todays devotional from Carmen Pate of Alliance Ministries.
 
Day 35 intention

Pray for post-abortive women who cannot forgive themselves; may they understand that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
 
Scripture

Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sin is covered. Blessed is the one to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.

— Romans 4:7-8
 
Reflection from Carmen Pate

In the passage above, the Apostle Paul making a point about justification by faith, refers back to David’s words in Psalm 32:1-2. In spite of the enormity of David's sin — adultery with Bathsheba and his murder of her husband — and the utter absence of any personal merit, David in his brokenness, understood the imputed righteousness of God. David’s response was not continued guilt over his sins, but praise for his freedom from guilt, and God's power to live life differently.

Once your relationship with God has been restored, your guilt has served its purpose and should no longer be given place in your life. This is true regardless of the sin, including the sin of abortion. As a post-abortive woman, I too struggled with this issue until I realized that punishing and hating myself after receiving God's forgiveness was an insult to God.

It was as though I were minimizing Christ's work on the cross as insufficient to cover my sin. I was denying Him the opportunity to bring glory to His name for the healing and restoration He wanted to do in my life. I was giving victory to the enemy who having lost the battle for my soul, was bent on destroying my testimony as I accepted the continual guilt he heaped on my mind.

It is my joy to continually sing of God’s grace rather than give the devil a foothold in my life. Don't waste God’s mercy! Accept His forgiveness and forgive yourself as testimony of His amazing grace.
 
Prayer

Our Most Gracious Heavenly Father, thank you for your amazing grace that saved a wretch like me. I come against the enemy of my soul who would have me feel cast down and dejected.

Lord, keep your children from falling prey to the accusations of the father of lies. Turn our mourning into dancing and may we bring praise to you as we give testimony of Your healing and restoration in our lives. For by His grace we are saved, Amen.
 
Printable devotional

To download today’s devotional as a formatted, printable PDF to share with friends:

http://40daysforlife.com/media/day35.pdf
 
For life,
 
 
DAVID BEREIT
National Director
40 Days for Life
 
PS: After watching the video, please leave a comment on that page with your thoughts and feelings. Then share the video with everyone you know:
 
https://40daysforlife.com/2015/10/27/day-35-video-croatia/