Sunday, April 15, 2012

CMMB: Your Weekly Reflection in Prayer


Weekly prayer reflection
 
“Whatever is born of God, conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world, our faith. Who is it that conquers the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”
 
1 John 5:4-5
April 15, 2012
Sunday of Divine Mercy
Dear Friends,
A few years ago, Pope John Paul II named the Sunday after Easter Sunday “Divine Mercy Sunday.” I believe it is a call and challenge for us to see that while mercy has its source and origin in God – in God’s act of redeeming love shown to us in the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ - now it is in our hands to receive, reflect and be instruments of God’s mercy and love in our world.
We who support and work with the Catholic Medical Mission Board – how privileged we are to share in this ministry of showing forth God’s mercy by extending a helping hand, a healing hand to the unfortunate, the suffering and the needy of our world.

Purgatory

 
Lord, open my eyes that I may see the need of others, open my ears that I may hear their cries, open my heart so that they need not be without aid. Let me not be afraid to defend the weak, nor afraid to defend the poor because of the anger of the rich. Show me where love and hope and faith are needed, and help me to bring them to these places. Open my eyes and ears that I may be able to do some work of peace for You.
Amen

Rev. Peter Schineller, S.J., CMMB Board of Directors