Sunday, August 11, 2013

CMMB: Your Weekly Reflection in Prayer 8/11/2013

Weekly prayer reflection for Summer
 
“By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance; he went out, not knowing where he was to go.”
 
Hebrews 11:8 August 11, 2013
19th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Dear Friends,
One of the major images of life is that of a journey or pilgrimage. And it seems more true today than ever. In our mobile society, we rarely remain in the same city, village or home for many years. Sometimes the way ahead is clear, but all too often it is clouded and uncertain. And so the biblical patriarch Abraham becomes our model and patron saint. At an advanced age, he had to pack up and move. He took it on faith that the Lord was calling and sending him. He put his trust in the Lord, and he did reach the Promised Land. With that same faith that God is Emmanuel, God is with us and we continue our journey.
Pilgrim God, I have many questions, many concerns. There is no pillar of cloud by day or fire by night that I can see. It is difficult God, and I want to be settled, secure, safe and sure. But I am full of the pilgrim’s fear and anxiety. God of the journey, lift me up, press me against Your cheek. Let Your great love hold me and create a deep trust in me. Take my hand in Yours, and guide me ever so gently across the new territory of my life.
Amen
Rev. Peter Schineller, S.J., CMMB Board of Directors
Donate to the Weekly Prayer Reflection

100 Years Seal Alone