LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
Monday, December 23, 2013
|For pro-life news updated throughout the day, visit LifeNews.com.|
• Pro-Life Victory: A Record 87 Abortion Clinics Closed in 2013
• Duck Dynastys Phil Robertson: I Will Not Apologize for My Comments
• Breathtaking Pictures Capture the Miracle of Birth, First Moments Outside Womb
• Man Wants to End Pregnant Wifes Life Support, Would Kill Unborn Baby
More Pro-Life News
• Pro-Choice Nursing Student Changes Her Mind After Witnessing an Abortion
• Abortion Clinic Worker: We Treat the Tissue From Abortions Respectfully
• Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz Releases Twelve Days of Contraception Christmas Songs
• Fighting for Jahi McMaths Life: Brain Dead Term Too Loosely Used
• Pregnant Nurse Fired for Refusing Mandatory Flu Shot, Worried it Would Harm Her Baby
• Abortion Clinic Worker: When I Start Identifying With the Baby, I Remember Its Unwanted
• Dying 8-Year-Old Gets Wish as Thousands Sing Christmas Carols Outside Her Home • After My Abortion: From Shame and Silence to Being a Pro-Life Voice
• Quit Calling Them Vegetables! Study Shows Patients in PVS State Show Awareness • A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words: Ultrasound Laws Save Lives • Americans Should Support Hobby Lobbys Case Against Obamacare • Judge Stops Obama Admim From Forcing Christian Colleges to Obey the HHS Mandate
• China May Force Woman to Have Abortion After Birth Certificate Mistakenly Allowed
• Fake White House Picture of Obamas Watching Nativity Scene Creates Stir • Russia Considers Banning Abortions as Abortion Decimates Its Population • Ballet Beautiful Founder: My Pregnancy Has Been Miraculous and Beautiful
Operation Rescue has concluded an exhaustive survey of abortion clinics in the U.S. and is pleased to announce that it has documented a record number of abortion clinic closures in 2013, during which time 87 surgical abortion clinics halted abortions.
The total number of surgical abortion clinics left in the U.S. is now 582. This represents an impressive 12% net decrease in surgical abortion clinics in 2013 alone, and a 73% drop from a high in 1991 of 2,176. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
Duck Dynastys Phil Robertson: I Will Not Apologize for My Comments
Pro-life Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson is sticking by controversial comments he made about moral issues in an interview with GQ magazine that has caused a national and international furor. TV network A&E suspended Robertson from the show over the comments.
Robertson talked about sexual purity in the interview, saying, Everything is blurred on whats right and whats wrong Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
A top photographer was given access to Copenhagen University Hospital in Denmark where she was able to capture some breathtaking pictures of the miracle of birth and the first seconds of human life.
Man Wants to End Pregnant Wifes Life Support, Would Kill Unborn Baby
A Texas man wants to end his unconscious pregnant wifes life support, even though she is pregnant with an 18-week-old unborn baby.
When we last reported on the case of 13-year-old Jahi McMath, her family and officials from the Childrens Hospital & Research Center Oakland were in a tense battle over the familys determination to keep her on a ventilator and to obtain a second independent opinion whether Jahi was indeed brain dead following a routine tonsillectomy December 9. (See Family of girl declared brain-dead asks for outside neurologist and that Jahi McMath be given a feeding tube)
On Friday Superior Court Judge Evelio Grillo agreed with the parents, issuing a temporary restraining order that prevented the hospital from taking Jahi off a ventilator. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
A pro-choice student nurse began having doubts about her position after witnessing an abortion. Author Jeff Lane Hensley quotes her in his book The Zero People. This book contains pro-life essays on abortion from various writers.
Im taking a break from my former abortion providers series of articles to comment on a post that I stumbled across in the blog abortionclinicdays. In this post, from November 30, 2005, a clinic worker discusses how her clinic is considering offering women the chance to donate their aborted tissue for research purposes.
Leave it to Planned Parenthood to come up with a way to bastardize Christmas with a song that distorts the traditional Christmas song 12 Days of Christmas. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
In Pennsylvania, a pregnant nurse who is the other of one baby and pregnant with a second was fired for refusing to get a flu shot because she was concerned it would harm her unborn child. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
In an article in the American Medical News (Diane M Gianelli, Abortion Providers Share Inner Conflicts, American Medical News, July 12, 1993), a counselor at a Dallas abortion clinic talked about how she deals with the stress of doing her job. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event in 2014? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing thousands of dollars? Contact LifeNews at firstname.lastname@example.org about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.
Little 8-year-old Delaney Brown is terminally ill, having been diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia in May. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
The moment in time that I first knew God was calling me to be a pro-life speaker is clearly etched into my memory. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
How many of these news reports do we need to read about patients who are wrongly diagnosed as being in a so-called persistent vegetative state (PVS) before we eliminate this dangerous, unscientific and completely subjective diagnosis? http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
Last month, the US Supreme Court declined to hear the appeal of the Oklahoma Supreme Courts decision to strike down a state law requiring that a pregnant woman have an ultrasound of her unborn child before having an abortion. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
Tis the season for the liberal media to ramp up its attacks . http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
A federal court decided today that a handful of Christian colleges do not have to obey the HHS mandate that forces companies, colleges, and religious groups to pay for birth control and drugs that may cause abortions under their employee health plans. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
Chinese family planning officials mistakenly issued a birth certificate for a second child for a pregnant woman in southwest Chinas Guangxi province and may now force her to have an abortion as a result. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
LifeNews has learned that the photo that has gone viral on Twitter this morning is not authentic and was not released by the White House. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
Last month, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law banning abortion advertising. Some members of the Duma (the Russian state assembly), are talking about going even further and banning the procedure itself. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/
In a recent interview with the Huffington Post, May Helen Bowers shared her joy in being pregnant, and discussed how her objective is to ensure that all women embrace their feminine sizes and figures at all stages, including pregnancy. http://www.lifenews.com/2013/