LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
|For pro-life news updated throughout the day, visit LifeNews.com.|
• Supreme Court Stops Obama From Forcing Catholic Nuns to Obey HHS Mandate
• New Year Holiday Makes It Hard to Find Doctor to Transfer Jahi McMath
• Twin Babies Born in Separate Years Despite Their Births Just Minutes Apart
• Conjoined Twins Doing Well After Separation, Doctor Told Mom She Should Abort Them
More Pro-Life News
• White House: Forcing Catholic Nuns to Pay for Birth Control Strikes the Right Balance
• Obamacares 2013 Disastrous Rollout Foreshadows Massive Rationing in 2014
• She Was on Her Way to Have an Abortion, When She Saw a Pro-Life Bumper Sticker
• 2013 Saw Huge Pro-Life Gains as Clinics Close, Abortions Drop to New Lows
• Ninth Annual March for Life in Paris Will Unite Pro-Lifers Against Abortion
• Happy New Year Ireland, Its Now Legal to Kill Unborn Children in Abortions
• Irony: Planned Parenthood Tweets About All Human Beings Deserving Freedom • Pennsylvania Abortions Drop 5 Percent as Abortion Clinics Close
• Woman Conceived in IVF Mourns the Loss of Her Sibling Embryos Who Died • Kenneth Edelin, Who Did Live Birth Abortions Like Kermit Gosnell, Passes Away • Doctor: New Jersey Assisted Suicide Bill is Dangerous
In a huge 11th-hour victory for pro-life advocates, the Supreme Court issued an order late Tuesday night stopping the Obama administration from forcing a group of Catholic nuns to obey the HHS mandate that compels them to pay for abortion-causing drugs and birth control.
The group Little Sisters of the Poor received a temporary injunction from the Supreme Court protecting them from the controversial HHS contraceptive mandate. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
New Year Holiday Makes It Hard to Find Doctor to Transfer Jahi McMath
While the world celebrates the New year, the family of Jahi McMath is working feverishly to find a doctor who will conduct the necessary medical procedures to transfer the teenage girl to a medical facility that will provide the supposedly brain dead girl additional care and treatment.
Her mother and family say she is alive following a tonsillectomy gone awry that has left her in an incapacitated state since early December. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
The celebration of life began in earnest in 2014 as two sets of twins were born last night, one founding out the year 2013 and another pair of babies born at the every beginning of 2014. The good news for their parents came at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in the nations capital.
Conjoined Twins Doing Well After Separation, Doctor Told Mom She Should Abort Them
Not all conjoined twins are separated given the risks inherent with surgery. Abby and Brittany Hensel were born conjoined with a very low chance they would make it through infancy, but they are doing well despite the fact they are still conjoined.
The Obama White House is unhappy that the Supreme Court, late Tuesday, issued an injunction preventing the administration from forcing a group of Catholic nuns to pay for birth control and drugs that cause abortions.
In an interview after the decision, the White House said forcing the Catholic nuns to pay for those objectionable things that run counter to Catholic Church pro-life teachings strikes the right balance. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
A year-end article from The Hill, a newspaper which covers DC politics, might have said it best The healthcare law faced a very tough year in 2013, but that could pale in comparison to what happens in 2014.
Debbie was going to have an abortion. In fact, she was literally in her car on her way to the abortion facility that was going to kill her baby. The counselors there hadnt told her the full truth about her babys development. They rarely do.
Despite the current occupant in the White House and the dominance of abortion sympathizers in the U.S. Senate, 2013 was a year of some notable successes for the pro-life movement. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
The Ninth Annual Marche Pour le Respect de la Vie, our sister pro-life event in Paris, will be held on January 19. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Every New Years Day heralds in a fresh start, a time of new hope and opportunity, and today is no different. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event in 2014? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing thousands of dollars? Contact LifeNews at firstname.lastname@example.org about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.
Sometimes irony displays itself with pictures that have a subtext of 55 million words. On Monday, Planned Parenthood tweeted this picture. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Pennsylvanias abortion rate is on the declineand thats good news for women and their families, according to the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
This e-mail from a reader broke my heart. It is a cry for help from a young IVF-conceived woman who mourns the loss of her siblings that didnt make it. It is also a look at the darker-side of IVF that no one wants to talk about: the massive loss of life inherent in the IVF process. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Abortion practitioner Kenneth Edelin passed away recently. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
The New Jersey Death with Dignity Act (A3328/S2259) has little to do with discussing end-of-life care with our doctor, as those who are pushing to legalize assisted suicide would lead us to believe. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/