Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daily Pro-Life Quotes 12/21/2011 Mother of Life

Uwotd-newsletter-banner-01

No. 501  / Wednesday December 21, 2011

PRAYING THE WAY OF THE INCARNATION: SENT BY GOD TO BETHLEHEM - DAY 24

 (click here to learn more about Nellie Edwards and her apostolate.)

EIGHTH STATION

"Now Mary's Expectation was full of God, and therefore it was joyous. It had two intensities of joy in it: the intensity of created holiness thirsting for the sight of God; and the intensity of an earthly mother's desire natural, simple, and human, but immensely sanctified to see the Face of her Babe, whom she knew to be God as well. ....Mary yearned for that earthly beatific Vision, the Face of the Incarnate God. She had doubtless intellectual visions, as mystics call them, of the beauty of the Sacred Humanity, before that night at Bethlehem. But these would rather increase the burning of her desire, than be a satisfaction to it..." Fr. Frederick W. Faber, D.D., Bethlehem

A MORNING OFFERING

O My Jesus, as Christmas approaches help me today to long to see your face. May everything I do today as I prepare for this wonderful feast be done with love. Help me choose to be cheerful even as I hurry through my day - cheerfulness that is rooted in the joy of the season.


Visit the website: Unborn Word Alliance
Visit the blog version of: Unborn Word of the day