LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
Friday, February 7, 2014
|For pro-life news updated throughout the day, visit LifeNews.com.|
• Planned Parenthood Must Pay $2 Million Settlement After Killing Woman in Abortion
• Vatican Criticizes UN Report Demanding It Change Its Position on Abortion
• Obama Admin Files Papers to Force Notre Dame to Comply With HHS Mandate• Wendy Davis Web Site Completely Ignores Filibuster for Late-Term Abortions
More Pro-Life News• Is the UNs Attack on the Catholic Churchs Pro-Life Position a Prelude to Persecution?
• Planned Parenthood Hosts Valentines Day Fundraiser, Complete with Condom Dresses
• NBA Player Paul George Tried To Pay Former Girlfriend to Have an Abortion, She Refused
• Abortion Survivor: My Mother Was Forced to Have the Abortion I Survived
• Clinic Worker Quits, Calls Her Former Workplace an Abortion Mill
• 16 Teens Rescued From Sex Trafficking in Super Bowl Sting
• South Carolina Bill Would Ban Abortions After 20 Weeks
• Rich Americans More Likely to Favor Taxpayer Funding of Abortions for Poor Women
• Russia Suffers From Devastating Underpopulation as Sochi Winter Olympics Begin
• Pregnancy Center Wins Another Battle Against New Yorks Bid to Shut It Down
• Quebec Votes Next Week on Euthanasia Bill That Could Kill 1,000 People a Year
Walter Hoye, a black pro-life leader who has closely followed the case, obtained a copy of the court order awarding the settlement. The settlement document indicates Planned Parenthood of Illinois, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation must pay her son Alvin Jones III, who was one at the time of Reaves death from the botched legal abortion. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Vatican Criticizes UN Report Demanding It Change Its Position on AbortionVatican officials are not happy with the United Nations after a UN committee issued a blistering report demanding that it change its position on abortion.
The Vatican says the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child overstepped its mandate in its pro-abortion attack on the Catholic Church. The report published this week by the panel attacked the Catholic Churchs teachings on abortion under the guise of a critique of the Churchs handling of child sex abuse cases. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Wendy Davis Web Site Completely Ignores Filibuster for Late-Term AbortionsWendy Davis lone claim to fame as she campaigns to become the next governor of Texas is that she filibustered a bill that would stop abortions all the way up to birth. Davis received national attention for the pro-abortion publicity stunt enough to make her essentially the Democratic nominee in the race that will likely pit her against pro-life Attorney General Greg Abbott.
The UN Committee was quite explicit and exhaustive in its expectations: the document is 16 pages long with 67 paragraphs. The Holy See, for its part, was not impressed: http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event in 2014? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing thousands of dollars? Contact LifeNews at email@example.com about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.