LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
Monday, June 23 , 2014
|For pro-life news updated throughout the day, visit LifeNews.com.|
• Sudan Court Will Free Meriam Ibrahim, Sentenced to Death for Her Christian Faith
• Presbyterian Church USA Defeats Motion to Care for Babies Born Alive After Abortion
• Doctors Offer Free Surgery for Girl Kicked Out of KFC Restaurant Over Scars on Her Face
• How Can Atheists and Agnostics Possibly be Pro-Life on Abortion?
More Pro-Life News• She Was Attacked for Not Aborting Her Baby With No Eyes, Now Hes Had a Miracle Surgery
• There is No Such Thing as a Pro-Choice Christian
• Mommy Blogger Charged With Poisoning 5-Year-Old Son to Death for More Blog Traffic
• 9 Things I Would Ask an Abortionist Over Coffee
• Father Pleads Guilty to Beating His Teen Daughter for Refusing to Have Abortion
• President Obamas Record: More Babies Aborted Than Jobs Created
• Wendy Davis Forced to Give Away Tickets to Filibuster Anniversary Bash After Few Register
• Baby Gets Some Help Learning How to Crawl From a Furry Friend
• Planned Parenthood Accuses NBC of Censoring Ad for Romantic Comedy on Abortion
• Pro-Lifers Defeat New York Bill Allowing Shooting Babies Through the Heart With Poison to Kill Them
• How Did This Pro-Life Group Successfully Infiltrate and Crash a Planned Parenthood Fundraiser?
• Govt Adviser Forced to Resign for Calling Disabled Babies Monsters, Saying They Should be Euthanized
• Chile Will Legalize Abortions to Save the Mothers Life, If The Baby Will Die
• NPR Heralds Abortion Comedy Obvious Child As Momentous Movie, Sweet And Lovely
• Court Strikes Down Austin, Texas Law Designed to Shutter Pregnancy Centers
• Harry Reid Pushes Democratic Measure That Could Silence Pro-Life Groups
• Pro-Lifers: Enda Kennys Abortion Comments are Downright Misleading
• New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Will Veto Bill to Legalize Assisted Suicide
The appeal court ordered the release of Mariam Yahya [Ibrahim] and the cancellation of the [previous] court ruling, Sudans SUNA news agency said on Monday. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Presbyterian Church USA Defeats Motion to Care for Babies Born Alive After AbortionThe Presbyterian Church USA has voted to endorse Kermit Gosnell. Delegates meeting in Detroit at the 221st General Assembly of the 1.8 millionmember Presbyterian Church (USA) voted down a measure that would have the church endorse care for babies born alive after abortions.
From World Magazine: Also Thursday, 78 percent of the PCUSA General Assembly struck down a resolution condemning the killing of babies born alive during abortions, as occurred with notorious abortionist Kermit Gosnell. Initiated by the South Alabama presbytery, it called for inclusion of pro-life Presbyterians and an investigation into doctrinal and financial support of abortion. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
How Can Atheists and Agnostics Possibly be Pro-Life on Abortion?Ive had a few Christian pro-life friends of mine (kindly) tell me they dont really understand how a secularist can defend the pro-life position. Sure, they get that we dont need religion to understand fetal development, and we dont need to believe in a god to recognize that abortion is violence. But they trip over how a secularist could defend the pro-life view on a metaphysical level. Why should secularists care about fetal development or the violence of abortion? What transcendent reason do we have to care about human life in the first place?
We reported on the story last year because a lot of offensive comments were being made about children with disabilities. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
9 Things I Would Ask an Abortionist Over Coffee Daniel from Canada recently asked me this question: What should pro-lifers say to someone who performs abortions? http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event in 2014? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing several thousand dollars? Contact LifeNews at firstname.lastname@example.org about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.
How Did This Pro-Life Group Successfully Infiltrate and Crash a Planned Parenthood Fundraiser? The Stand True Mission Team arrived at the Packard Museum in Dayton, OH about an hour before the Planned Parenthood fundraiser was scheduled to begin. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Chile Will Legalize Abortions to Save the Mothers Life, If The Baby Will Die Chiles UN Ambassador to Geneva H.E Ms Maria Maurás Pérez announced last Thursday (June 19th), during consideration of the outcome of Chiles Universal Periodic Review (UPR) at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Court Strikes Down Austin, Texas Law Designed to Shutter Pregnancy Centers A court has struck down a law abortion activists on the Austin city council approved that was designed to cripple the efforts of pregnancy centers to provide women with abortion alternatives. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
Pro-Lifers: Enda Kennys Abortion Comments are Downright Misleading The Pro Life Campaign has strongly criticised Taoiseach Enda Kenny over what they described as his downright misleading comments on abortion on RTÉs The Meaning of Life. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Will Veto Bill to Legalize Assisted Suicide New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stated during a press conference that he is opposed to the assisted suicide bill that is sponsored by Assemblyman John Burzichelli. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/